Here you will find answers to Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs).


  1. Do I need visa?
    People of some countries (or from some regions) do not need a visa if their period of stay in Japan is 90 days or less and they are not going to be engaged in income-earning activities. Refer to the List of Countries and Regions that have Visa Exemption Arrangements with Japan. You have to arrange your Visa if necessary.

  2. Where can I get the information about my requirements for Visa?
    Please check the information from the webpage of MOFA ( VISA | Ministry of Foreign Affairs of Japan (mofa.go.jp) )or the Japanese Embassies or Consulates in your country.

  3. How can I get the documents required for applying visa?
    We will send you the invitation letter and program schedule by email as a PDF File. However, some of the Japanese Embassies or Consulates might ask for some additional documents issued by us or an original document. If you need them, please contact us with your Full name and postal address and what you need. We will send it to you by email or EMS (high speed mail). 

What to bring

  1. Do I need a lab coat?
    Yes, we recommend that you bring a lab coat.

  2. Do I need a computer?
    Yes, we recommend that you bring a computer. One th last day of the program, you will make a powerpoint presentation about your activities in the program.

  3. What kind of clothing should I bring?
    In general, casual clothing is fine.
    • For the opening activities, more formal clothing is appropriate, such as a suit or jacket and skirt/slacks.
    • For the laboratory, you should have closed-toed footwear (no sandals, or flip flops).

Internet, Smart Phones

  1. Can I use the internet at the university?
    Yes, we will give you a password and temporary account. Note: Our campus is about a 30 min train ride away from your hotel.

  2. Can I use the internet at the hotel?
    Yes, generally speaking all hotels will have a fast and stable internet connection.

  3. Can I use the internet for free in other places?
    A) The City of Takamatsu provides free internet in tourist areas for 30 minutes per log-in. More information.
    B) Most convenience stores have free internet zones around the store.
    C) Many coffee shops and restaurants provide free internet to their customers.

  4. Can I buy a SIM card?
    Yes, there are many kinds of SIM card services available for tourists. You can buy them at the airport upon arrival (although airport SIM cards may be higher priced). You can also buy them online and make arrangements before you come to Japan. We do not have any recommendations about this; you should search on the internet for information.